At Price Electric, the safety and health of our team, customers, and the general public is the core value of our business. Priorities can be shifted, yet values are constant. Occupational safety is a core value and will never be sacrificed for the sake of productivity. Employees at every level of our organization have been responsible for creating the safety culture within our company. We hold our employees to the highest standards to protect not only our workers in the field, but the public at large.
Safety performance is a key indicator of organizational excellence. It is said that you can’t manage what you don’t measure; therefore Price Electric uses ABC’s Safety Training and Evaluation Process to set goals and benchmarks for our safety program. Our Health, Safety, and Environmental (“HSE”) standards comply with all regulatory and legislative requirements put forth by the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970, and our program is continually evolving to stay current and compliant with all OSHA laws.
Safety starts at the management level, but the ultimate responsibility is in the hands of our employees in the field. The men and women with boots on the ground are the basis of our safety culture. We listen to our employees. We get the training and equipment we need to make our jobsites as safe as possible for our employees, our customers, and the general public.
The following principles are part of our core safety values:
- Safety is a value that is never compromised.
- Working safely is a condition of your employment.
- Our commitment to our safety culture starts at the management level, and encourages employee engagement at all levels.
- Employees are held accountable for their personal safety and the well-being of those in their work area.
- Employees are responsible for following safe work practices, company policy, and for doing all in their power to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Every employee working at Price Electric has stop work authority; we are our brother’s keeper.
- Most accidents are preventable through implementation of an effective safety program.
- Company leaders must ensure that a safe work environment exists every day, and that employees can bring safety and security issues to their attention without fear of retaliation.
- Safety suggestions and coaching is always welcomed by our employees.
- ZERO INJURIES IS OUR GOAL!
Keeping a safe workplace is a team effort.