HR / Payroll Assistant General
Human Resources / Payroll Assistant – Non Exempt/Hourly Position
Purpose: Under the supervision of the Office Manager, the HR/Payroll Assistant is responsible for assisting the Human Resource Manager and Payroll Manager with general employee service tasks related to Recruiting, Benefits, Time off inquiries, Data Entry, Front office/Reception duties.
Our Mission Statement: Price Electric makes our customers' lives easier and our employees' lives more rewarding.
- Assist employees with benefits inquiries, changes, scanning and filing of relevant benefit documentation.
- Assist with the recruiting process regarding applicant inquiries, scheduling interviews, tracking of applicant details. Placing supporting documentation within online employee filing.
- Assist in weekly payroll processing. Fill in as backup to Payroll Manager. Use of HRIS and Payroll systems.
- Assist Payroll by editing time records, creating reports, policy enforcement, timecard distribution, and PTO reconciliation within a fast paced weekly schedule.
- Assist Office Manager with duties as assigned for back up purposes, employee inquiries, internal office requests, apprenticeship entries and inquiries.
- Assist with incoming correspondence / mail services.
- Maintains general office cleanliness
- Assist with HR Benefits Enrollment process, changes, and employee inquiries.
- Assist with Company HRIS system: BambooHR for consistent and accurate data.
- Assist with cohesion between payroll, HR and Management.
- Works in conjunction with Human Resources to maintain apprenticeship files and to complete, track and document OJT reports. Assist with maintaining the apprentice school schedule.
- Assists in any projects or tasks as requested by completing timely, accurately and in an organized fashion.
- Assist to ensure all customers, clients, vendors and employees who call or come into the office are acknowledged promptly, professionally and responded to or directed to the appropriate party.
· HS Diploma or equivalent
Minimum 2 year experience in:
Prior Payroll Processing Experience
Timecard or Timetracking system experience
General office assistance
Answering business phones
Excellent Verbal/Written Communication